SEO = Search Engine Optimisation. You need to know this if you have any expectations of being found online.
Don't think you have a good idea for content - know.
SEO relates to your content and other aspects, such as your website's structure, UX (user experience), and load speed.
- Take time to learn about SEO using Ahref's YouTube channel
- Invest $79 for one month's use of Ahrefs
- Ensure your website follows basic design principles (ask a designer to build it or critique it)
- Ensure your content can be found quickly when a user lands on your website
- Reduce the file size of all JPEG and PNG images to ensure faster page load times
- Check your website speed score and adjust accordingly
- Add your business name to your website's meta title (less than 70 characters)
- Add your business overview to your website's meta description (less than 156 characters)
- Install traffic monitoring software to your website (I use Fathom Analytics because it's cookie-free, so you don't need those annoying cookie notifications on your website)
Create content for your target audience using data, not guesswork. Build your website for your audience's taste - not for yours.
Get my thought-provoking newsletter
Join my newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.