Your friendly website consultant, designer and adviser
I use Ghost to set up functional and beautifully modern, blog-focused websites that are easy to use, both for you and your readers. For people who are serious about building an audience.
I use WordPress for websites with more complex needs and a focus on static content. Ghost is a good option to use as a publishing platform alongside WordPress.
Know what you are up against. Too many people embark on a road to nowhere from day one. Read about managing your expectations.
I am a website designer and SFEDI-qualified business adviser.
Ghost: focused on publishing content
- Own your own professional platform, built and hosted using Ghost (Pro)
- Very clean, minimalist design
- Automatically email subscribers when you publish a new post
- Send newsletters to subscribers in one click
- The option to charge a monthly or annual fee for exclusive content
- Zero maintenance and so easy to use - just log in, type and publish
- Full consultancy and progress screencasts - learn about your site as your project develops
WordPress: for more complex websites
- For websites that require greater complexity, hosted using Flywheel
- A focus on static content
Find out why I believe that Ghost is the future of online publishing.
Why a fast website means a better user experience and a better shot at getting ranked higher by Google.
If getting found on Google is your aim, ignoring SEO is simply ridiculous. Here's how to get it right in under one hour.
Taking a website forward is a long game. These are my vital guidelines for ensuring that your website thrives.
Stop wasting your time trying to remember passwords. Take it easy and use a password manager.
A bad image can make your website look naff. Don't try and create images yourself - leave it to the professionals.
You get what you pay for. Why you should avoid DIY website builders.
Why monthly subscriptions don't help you move forward as quickly as annual subscriptions.
Did you see a cookie notification box when you opened this website? No. Find out why.
Get my latest posts in your inbox!